Coronation Double Century Race Day Village
The Swellendam Showgrounds will be crazy busy on race day. Here is where you can find anything and everything you might need to make your Coronation Double Century perfect. Except new legs.
- Parking at the showgrounds is prohibited on Friday and Saturday.
- There will be a secure bike park at the showgrounds on Saturday, 25 November ONLY. No bikes will be kept in the bike park on the Friday before race day.
- Ice can be collected on the stoep outside the registration hall.
- One free refreshment (cool drink or beer) and post-race meal per cyclist is offered on presentation of a drinks and food voucher. These vouchers will be attached to their finisher’s medal. Cyclists unable to complete the race can collect their vouchers from the information area in the hall.
- There will be a tuckshop at the showgrounds (underneath the large shade tent) where non-cyclists will be able to buy snacks, confectionaries, meals and food vouchers, which will allow them to enjoy the same post-race meal as the cyclists.
- Long-haul bike transport – the bike collection and drop off is situated in the shed behind the grandstand.
- Full medical facilities provided by Mediclinic will be situated behind the shed where the long-haul bike transporters are located in the race village.
- Bike mechanics will be on hand at the Swellendam Showgrounds to provide any last minute bike repairs or spares. They will be at the showgrounds during registration on Friday from 12:00 to 20:00 and on Saturday morning from 04:30 to 07:00.
Timing will be done by RaceTec, and it is compulsory for all team members to wear a RaceTec timing chip. If you don’t have a RaceTec chip, you will be able to buy one at registration (or on race day, in Swellendam, if you have forgotten or lost yours) for R150.
To commemorate taking part in the 2017 Coronation Double Century, a selection of souvenir items, including T-shirts, arm warmers, caps and hoodies, is available to purchase at all three registration venues and on Race Day.